Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mani - Patti

by Cathy

I finally got a chance to experience the latest craze in nail polish: the shattered look. Have you heard of it? You apply one coat of whichever nail polish color you choose and then apply a second coat of contrasting "Shatter" color to give your nails the following look:

So my daughter and I were excited to show Patti and her daughter, S, during our abrupt visit to their house yesterday. After Patti sees my new manicure, she says: "That's what my nails look like most of the time anyway!"

That reminds me of another nail polish story with her: It was Halloween and she wanted to polish her nails black but didn't want to spend a fortune on the polish since it would be only for fun. So she bought a discounted polish for .99 cents. When she showed me the end result, I was amazed at how vibrant the color was. "That looks awesome," I told her. "Not at all cheapy looking."
Her reply: "Are you kidding? I have like a thousand coats of this stuff on. Ninety-nine coats for .99 cents!!!"

That's Patti; and I love her for always keeping it REAL!!!




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips