Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yeah, It's Probably the Cramps

I don't know, maybe it's the cramps. Maybe it's the fact that my right brain is stuck working on the most left-brain project ever in the history of the universe at work. Maybe it's the fact that it is for once NOT 115 degrees outside; instead, it is a glorious just-under-80 and, while I can SEE the gloriousness, I am stuck inside, unable to FEEL the gloriousness.

Whatever it is, I'm in A Mood.

And because I'm in A Mood, I am more irritated than usual by stuff that normally irritates me only a just little. I find I have low tolerance for lots of stuff - and maybe that puts me in the Perpetually Cranky category. Though, most that know me would say I seem to spit sunshine, so who knows. AT ANY RATE, today, I am annoyed.

By what, you ask?

Okay, I'll play.

1. What the hell is up with Subway's One Napkin Policy? I mean, seriously? I order a sandwich with 348 types of things on it, PLUS barbeque sauce - yes, SAUCE being the operative word, here - and the Subway guy only gives me ONE napkin. When I politely ask for "extra napkins, please", he hands me ONE more. Yeah, that oughtta do it. If any of you are Curb Your Enthusiasm fans, you may remember the episode where Larry asks for more napkins, and the Napkin Natzi won't cave, so when Napkin Natzi is not looking, Larry swipes a few more. A bit later, as he is driving home, he is pulled over the police - FOR STEALING NAPKINS. So yeah, when you are driving home today, and you see a very bitchy looking lady pulled over by the police, that might be me. Me and my extra napkins.

2. Why do people insist on parking crooked? WHY? Can you just take the extra 3.5 seconds to back out and pull back in again in order to ensure you are NOT parked crooked? The world is full of cars circling parking lots over and freakin' over again, looking for a parking spot. And when we finally find one, when it is rendered unusable by some selfish, inconsiderate parking hog, well - IT PISSES US OFF. And well, when we are feeling pissed off, we may be inclined to squeeze our pissed off selves into that spot ANYWAY, and when you find you have to crawl across the passenger seat to get behind your steering wheel, your skirt hiking clear up to your head, or your tie strangling you as you do so, well...

3. Hey! I'm feeling better already. I'm out of things that annoy me!

For now.

~Patti




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips