Monday, August 29, 2011

One Toilet? Oh, Crap.

Today I had a painter come and repaint my guest bathroom. Which meant, I only had one other functioning bathroom that needed to be shared between me and my two daughters for only a few hours. What are the odds that two of us needed to use the bathroom at the same time during those few hours, right?

Well, after my morning coffee kicked in, I really had to go. So I grabbed my phone (that's me, always multitasking) to send a few emails while on the toilet. No sooner did I settle down on the toilet and turned on my phone, when Ari, my five-year old, bursts through the door (which can't be locked because it needs to be planed down in order to fit the frame) and announces hastily, "I have to go kaka!" Before I could answer, she saw me there and bolted out the door to try the other bathroom - which was being painted.

4, 3, 2, 1..."Mom! I can't use the other bathroom and I really have to go kaka!" By now, I was midway through relieving myself; so I was at the point where I couldn't stop but had to wait for the sweet time nature needs to run its course. All the while, she is sitting on the edge of the tub and getting up; she is hopping around from foot to foot; she is trying to distract herself with the book she is planning to read while going kaka (we are a family of multitaskers); and she finally blurted out, "Mommy, I can't hold it anymore!!"

So in my desperate attempt to distract her/think of another solution so I could finish, I said, "Let's share!"
To which she replied "OK!" Pause. She had to think about this one. "Mommy, how??"

I was desperate at this point. "Here!" I said pointing to a bucket-style stool my girls use to brush their teeth. "Turn this around. Can you go in there?" She must have seen how ridiculous of a request that was since I was laughing picturing her trying to balance on that thing. "I can't go in there!" she replied dancing around the bathroom.

And with that, I had stalled her long enough to rid my bowel of the pressure it had building up. I quickly stood up, vaulting shut anything else that was making its way down my intestine, and Ari took to that toilet like, well...flies on you-know-what.

Mothers - for their children, they can move mountains AND bowel movements.

-Cathy




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips