Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lost in Translation

by Patti


When my dad first moved to this country from Argentina, he didn’t speak a word of English. But that didn’t stop him from trying to use the American “lingo”, getting a job, and snagging a wife.

When that wife, my mother, became pregnant with me, she had a few fainting spells. One morning before my dad had to go into work, he and my mom went to the grocery store, and my mom passed out. My dad immediately took her home and decided to stay with her, so he called into work. “I can’t come in today. My wife passed away."

My father’s boss gasped in horror and my father quickly assured him, “Oh it’s okay; she’s fine now!”

.............

Happy Birthday, Dad.

I miss you.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips