Friday, November 25, 2011

Good Morning! This Is Your Wake Up Call!

by Cathy

 Since we are taking time off this Thanksgiving holiday to spend with our families, I thought you would enjoy a re-post of one of my favorites. Below is one that I think many women will find fitting on a day like today, when so many of us will indeed wake up to this scene. Well, those of us who STILL don't have dishwashers, that is. Screw it. Leave 'em there and go out shopping instead. You'll ALWAYS have dishes to do, no matter what. Enjoy!



I woke up this morning at around 9am, treasuring my sleep during the last few days before my kids start school and life becomes one big hustle.

As I groggily shuffle into the kitchen to make some coffee, this is what greets me:



I stop short, startled out of my long, luxurious yawn.

Instantly, last night's conversation with my husband replays through my head. We were preparing a movie snack of microwavable popcorn and homemade wine coolers (because that's how we roll) and he saw my reaction as I disdainfully observed this mess.

"Yeah, I saw that too but I said 'screw it'. We'll just do them tomorrow," he says to me. Those words sounded like they had the sound of angels singing around them.
'Yes,' I thought at the time, "that sounds wonderful." Ah the feeling to chuck it all and do what you WANT rather than what NEEDS to be done! So we settled in to watch a nearly three-hour "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," and went off to bed.

Cut to this morning. As I was digging my way to the coffeemaker to make my now desperately needed cup of coffee, I was noticing how conveniently absent my husband was. Oh, that's right. Every Saturday morning he has his weekly breakfast visit with his parents. "We'll just do them tomorrow" kept repeating in my head.

I should have known better. 'WE' never means WE. It always means YOU. Whether you use it on your husband ("WE need to take the trash out") or he uses it on you ("WE really need to organize these closets") it's the same game.

So after my coffee, I begrudgingly stood there and washed this heap, all the while thinking that my first comment to my husband as he walks in the door will be:
WE really need to get a new dishwasher.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips