Friday, July 22, 2011

Yes...about that A/C

Patti's latest blog post does not merely warrant a comment but a return post.

Because, you see, in another coincidental, parallel universe kind of way, my husband too (let's call him Old Man Joe for the sake of this posting) has the same kind of aversion to A/C as Patti's conga-fied husband. In fact, mine has maracas in hand and a fruit basket on his head, to boot.

So I bring this up because not only am I living the same humid reality as Patti, but a few nights ago, OMJ's actions took the cake.

You have to know that since we live in a multi-unit condo building, our unit is sandwiched between two other meat-locker units that run their A/C day and night. We really have no need to turn on the A/C. We simply swing open the furnace doors, and voila! The house is as cool as a cucumber. Yes at times we crank up the A/C, like when I have to turn the stove on or when the cool air simply isn't traveling as well as we'd like it to throughout the house because it's 1,462 degrees in the shade, but at night, we always leave it off.

The other night, OMJ comes home late and decides he wants to watch some television. So he proceeds to courteously shut our bedroom door so as not to disturb me while he watches TV in the living room.

At 5:45a.m., I wake up with my tongue literally glued to the roof of my mouth and my esophagus seemingly lit on fire from my chest up. I wondered why in the hell I felt this way, while tossing and turning trying to simultaneously jar myself out of a nightmare (there was a wild boar loose in our house), and forcing some much needed sleep time in. After much tossing and turning, I awoke to still find our bedroom door closed.

After I pried my tongue loose, had a pitcher of water and TURNED ON THE A/C, I too sunk back into my cool bed, determined to resume my sleep all while cursing OMJ's actions under my breath and laughing at the prospect of his shivering ass waking up to turn off the A/C, oh...in about...5...4...3...2...

-Cathy




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips