Thursday, August 23, 2012

So, Here's My Schedule...Let's Plan This, Maybe?


by Cathy


I was sitting in KFC (don't ask...another lunch-on-the-run kind of day) with the girls last week for a forced sit-down lunch amidst a slew of errands for the day that ranged from buying new gymshoes for volleyball camp to driving to Niles for Bella's new middle school uniform fitting. Yes, for us school is still about a month away but preparations are in full swing.

All the while, I was on my phone texting, emailing, facebooking and calling no less than six different people to set up the following:

- Playdates (should I hang with the other mom or do I dump-and-run?)
- Family get-togethers (let's plan that trip to the waterpark but let's schedule it last minute so we can make sure the weather cooperates)
- Guitar lessons (can we reschedule? It conflicts with the nice weather day and we need to go to a waterpark)
- Swimming class (are we still on for this week or is it cancelled again?)
- Babysitting (will we be back home in time from errands so a friend can drop off her kid?)
- Kid counseling session (I know this is important but can we squeeze it in between the waterpark and gymshoe shopping?)

"THIS IS CRAZY!" I screamed at my phone. Yes. I had a meltdown in KFC. (Don't pretend this has never happened to you, okay?)

Instead of getting the usual, "Mom, what's wrong?!" from my kids, Bella decided to take make light of the situation. Apparently, my outburst reminded her of this summer's tween anthem by Carly Rae Jepsen, "Call Me Maybe". (And let's not pretend that you have never heard of this song, either, okay? Because like me, I'm sure you hear it in your sleep.)



Laughing at her approach, she smiles at me and I can't help but smile back. As we all broke out into a fit of giggles, it hit me! We can use the Jepsen hit song to create our own mommy anthem - the anthem of overscheduled, overburdened, overtired, over-erranded moms! How fitting.


So here, for your entertainment, is what we came up with:

(Sung to the tune of, well, you know what song...)

I threw a fit in the car

Don’t ask, we were pretty far
I looked insane as I yelled
And now it’s me who’s nuts

I’d trade my phone for a wish
Pennies and dimes for a spa
I wasn’t looking for this
But in a bind again

My stare was holdin’
Hair ripped out, madness showin’
Hot mess, this was blowin’
Where should I be going, baby?

Hey, I just scheduled this
I’m going crazy
Can we do it next week?
I feel so shady

It’s hard to keep things
Flowing like gravy
Got another conflict
Let's still plan this, maybe?

And all the other moms
Try to call me
I changed my number
They’re drivin’ me crazy

You took your time to call back
And threw my plans outta whack
You gave me no time or sign 
But still I worked things out

I beg, borrow and steal
To have some free time, for real
Don’t really know how that feels
Now I'm in planning hell 

My stare was holdin’
Hair ripped out, madness showin’
Hot mess, this was blowin’
How much more can I take, baby?
Hey, I know we scheduled this
But things got crazy
Can we reschedule?
Next Monday, maybe?

It's hard to deal with
This juggling, baby
This is my schedule
Just call me crazy









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Best Blogger TipsBest Blogger Tips